1. The life of a disciple demonstrates and necessitates a decision for Christ,
but deeper and more important than our own decision for Christ is his decision
for us. What is the result of Christ’s decision for us?
2. The Lord Jesus compels a choice. This decision for Christ also contains
within it a negation of something else. What does your decision for Christ
affirm? What does your decision for Christ negate?
3. The decision for Christ will change one’s life. What change did Christ
provoke in your own life? What have been some of the most difficult and
rewarding aspects of your decision for Christ?
4. What is so strange or unusual about the Lord Jesus and why do you think that
he provoked both amazement and fear?
5. Christ’s identity and mission are one. The same can be said for all the
baptized. What are the practical implications of the unity and identity and
mission in the lives of faithful followers of Christ?